AM: May 28, 2019
How do you know people are Christians? How do you know people believe in God? Most of us don’t actually mention God that much during the day, right? I mean, you don’t walk into McDonalds and shout out “I BELIEVE IN GOD!!” I’d be curious to see what people said back to you, but it’s just not something we do.
So how do you know? A lot of showing what you believe to the world is through how you act. Think about these things:
- Do you treat all people with respect and kindness?
- Do you help your friends make good choices to stay out of trouble?
- Do you show respect towards your parents, so your friends can see how you listen and obey?
- Do you complain a lot? Or maybe get really jealous about what other people get to do, instead of feeling happy for them?
- Do you pray before you eat?
These are just a few things, but stop and think about what you show to your friends, your neighbors, the kids on your team or in your daycare, even the strangers in Target. Do your actions speak for you?
“Let me give you a new command: Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one another. This is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples—when they see the love you have for each other.”John 13:35 (MSG)
Dear Lord, Teach me how to show your love to others through my actions today. Give me an opportunity to show patience, kindness or humility, and help me have the wisdom to follow through. Amen.